Warehouse & Logistics Manager - Manufacturing - West Yorkshire - Salary Negotiable DOE
About the Company
Part of a growing international group, our client is a leading manufacturer of speciality products used in nearly all areas of plastics processing. As part of its customer led operational strategy and ongoing growth the business is investing and expanding a number of their key areas and are currently looking to recruit and appoint a Warehouse & Logistics Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the Warehouse and Logistics areas, including inbound, storage and order fulfilment dispatching. The role will have operational responsibility for the efficient running of the warehouse, managing the logistical distribution and leading the warehouse team.
Warehouse & Logistics Manager - The Rewards
- £Negotiable - DOE
- Benefits Package
Warehouse & Logistics Manager - Requirements
- You have either successfully modernised a warehouse and logistics function already in your career or worked in a manufacturing warehouse environment and understand how to improve efficiencies and manage costs.
- 2+ years' previous experience in a warehouse / logistics supervisory / management role
- Demonstrable experience building and developing team
- Have the experience and ability to effect change at the grass route level
- Driving licence / FLT license
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team of people from the front
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures and practices
- Technical and IT Skills, particularly when it comes to MRP Systems
Warehouse & Logistics Manager - Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the intake and storage of product. Despatching of orders, internally and externally.
- Supervise, manage, and motivate employees and oversee daily operations.
- Focus on cost savings.
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure stock inventories and locations are accurate.
- Ensure there are sufficient warehouse supplies for daily operations.
- Enforce all company rules and regulations.
- Implement staff performance and development appraisals
- Drive meaningful KPI's and improvements
- Take ownership of all material movement to production environments
- Ensure logistic KPI's are met in terms of cost analysis and delivery performance (OTIF)
- Must have a truly exceptional attitude towards Right First Time Every Time mindset and culture
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to detail2recruitment website.