Are you looking for an exciting new challenge where you can progress into a Management role?
If you are an ambitious graduate with a background in sales and commercial activity, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to take that next step on a managerial career path.
In this role, you will be offered excellent training and hands on experience in a variety of departments including Finance, Customer Support, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, Quality and IT, enabling you to gain a full understanding of this business and lay strong foundations for your future career.
As well as gaining invaluable insight, understanding and experience in general business management, you will become an integral part of our team, with the opportunity to progress to a leadership role and contribute to furthering the strategic aims and ambitions of the company.
Job Title: Trainee Sales Executive
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday, 8am-4.10pm on Fridays
Reporting to: Market Development Director
To follow a management development programme gaining the knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position under the direction and guidance of experienced personnel.
This is a hands-on development opportunity where you will work in each department to acquire a full understanding of each function and build credibility by doing the job you will one day manage.
- Receive training and perform duties in several departments such as Finance, Customer Support, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, Quality and IT.
- To gain a full understanding of the function and operation of each Department within the business.
- Learn various line and staff functions, including operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices affecting each area of business.
- Meet performance goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon acceptance of position.
- Lead or assist in special projects as set by upper management.
- Report on a predetermined basis on progress of goals and objectives.
- Monitor performance progress with management and trainers.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Train in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transitioning between departments and provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, and customer service as needed.
- To fulfil other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business.
- Target driven
- Ideally graduate - Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in Sales
- A quick learner, motivated towards career growth within our business
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and customers
- Strong written, analytic and presentation skills
- Resourceful, well organised with demonstrable leadership potential
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint