Join one of Europe's leading Fintech startups. iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. We believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies.
We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer's needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
We're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance one million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
About the role:
Supported by the £10M government grant we won in 2019, we are building OpenLending - a platform that enables partners to seamlessly offer iwoca's lending products from within the partner journey, using our Lending API.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will take responsibility for the ideation, management, and delivery of projects improving our Lending API. You will also support or collaborate with the Senior Product Manager in the delivery of larger ongoing or long-term projects, and may work closely with external partners to deliver high-value API integrations. This role sits in our product function, reporting to the Senior Product Manager for Open Lending.
You'll be expected to be able to, on any given day:
Facilitate product discovery & prioritisation:
- Lead collaborative sessions across a hybrid work environment. For example, the team might be interested in creating a new endpoint, and it's your responsibility to hold a session or multiple sessions to go through options, gather feedback, and assess feasibility.
- Groom our backlog. Figure out which tasks are high priority, which can be put on the back burner, and which aren't worth doing.
- Update the team's roadmap through collaboration with the Senior PM, Tech Lead, and our commercial teams.
- Know what a web API is, have opinions on it, and be able to clearly articulate and fight for those opinions.
- Use and test the APIs we're building, for example via Postman or command line, and incorporate your findings back into the API product.
- Understand customer needs and market context through data analysis & user research.
- Draw up product / feature requirements documents and include well-researched success metrics.
Enable integration journeys for our partners:
- Work closely with our Partner Success team to both strategise ideal technical integration pathways and turn partner feedback into actionable projects or tickets.
- Contribute to meaningful discussions around what technical improvements we can make to our Lending API that will improve the partner experience
- Stress test new features from a partner perspective and identify any gaps in functionality
- Speak directly with our Lending API partners and be able to advise on the best integration strategy for them.
Organise team management, communication, & delivery:
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders. We work very closely with the commercial and tech teams and you'll need to be able to incorporate their feedback and keep them in the loop. You'll also need to manage expectations and competing priorities, and be able to push back when required.
- Manage workflows on a cross-functional team. Make sure projects are delivered on time and to specification.
- Write clear documentation and notes, and overcommunicate where required. Since this product is externally-facing, we need to keep a clear record of why decisions were made & how everything works. Your team and those you work with should always be able to reference written material.
You would get extra points for the following, but they're not required:
- Experience in a technical- and/or product-related role -- but we are looking for skills, not necessarily seniority, so encourage all levels of experience to apply. Since working with the API is a particularly technical subject, we're looking for someone with technical experience that wants to or already has crossed over into product, or someone with product experience that has picked up technical or coding skills.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills. You have a track record in successfully managing multiple projects and relationships at the same time
- Confidence and experience working with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You thrive in environments that require building relationships built on trust and expertise.
- Experience with a fintech, financial products, or lending products specifically
- Contributed directly to an API or API-enabled product (through development or otherwise)
- Fluency in German
- Retreats abroad
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Therapy sessions from Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday,
- Unlimited unpaid leave
- Paid volunteering day
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- L&D budget
- Book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code
- Telephone Call
- Tech Test
- Technical interview
- Cultural interview