My client a leading IT services organisation are seeking to recruit a technical architect to work with a number of their leading customers.
The Technical architect operates as the technical lead and senior technical contact for engagements across a diverse customer base as well as working inside the business to lead and drive design, implementation and support activities delivering benefit to one or many stakeholders. The team adds value by providing continuity of engagement and influence, optimally operating from initial opportunity scoping, through presales, design, implementation and support.
- Leading and directing the collation of requirements, production of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure deployment and service objectives are met whilst maintaining a high level of prospect/customer satisfaction.
- Definition of work packages for the Professional Services or Managed Services teams to deploy and provide ongoing support to them during the build and handover processes.
- Work with Project Management to facilitate project reporting, delivery planning, checkpoint meetings (including conference calls and workshops) and to oversee project implementations.
- Act as technical point of contact for prospects, customers, and the sales teams on both BAU and project work across a wide variety of changing technologies.
- Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information to the business throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise to both technical solutions and delivery teams.
- Support in the development and scoping of new service opportunities.
- Review and critique produced presales proposals and high and low-level design documentation in preparation for release to the customer.
- Validate pre-sales designs against technical, project and commercial best practice.
- Continuously update your technical and soft skill knowledge.
- Present products and technical proposals to potential customers across a wide variety of industries and levels of seniority.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Extensive consulting skills across Enterprise IT covering technology, Service and Project.
- Strong knowledge of public, private and hybrid cloud with a good understanding of the pros and cons of each.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Server and EUC product range with the ability to hold SME conversation.
- Solid understanding of networking, UC & Voice and Data Centre technologies
- Good appreciation of Non-Microsoft environments including both Linux and Mac.
- Ability to review and understand basic scripted automation and the willingness to learn more.
- Good understanding of Automation and Orchestration activity with knowledge of tooling and best practice.
- Experience configuring and deploying both Public and Private Cloud solutions, with a focus on migrations.
- Extensive experience implementing and adhering to the ITIL v3 Framework
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to prioritise efficiently
- Highly adaptable and proactive and able to multi-task and able to work well under pressure
- Efficiently communicate both verbally and in written form
- Able to work with and manage delivery partners in diverse project teams
Salary - c£85,000
Location - London 1-2 days a week