Support Worker (Waking Nights)
Location: Streatham SW16
Application Deadline: 5th November 2021
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Support Worker as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £21,214.46 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Service: Mental Health
Location: Streatham Hill
Shift Pattern: Waking Nights
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days' annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
About the role
The role of a Support Worker is to provide specialist expertise and support to facilitate teams in achieving person centred outcomes for the people we support with Mental Health conditions to maximise the individual's independence and enable them to be active in their communities.
Duties will include:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives (families, other staff, and external professionals). Know their skills, interests, qualities, strengths, challenges, ways of communicating and aspirations and ensure the individualised service they receive plays to their strengths; helps them tackle their challenges and achieve their goals
- Ensure people are supported in everyday tasks in a respectful way that meets their individual needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves and gives them as much choice, control and involvement as possible
- Ensure all the plans and records relating to people are accurate and up to date using respectful language which allows people to see what progress is being made against goals; track areas of concern (e.g. health) and take action as agreed
- Support people to have their own voice heard wherever possible and where needed speak up for them and their interests e.g. when out and about, with other professionals, within the team. Consistently look to find ways to ensure people have as much power and control over their lives as possible
- To observe changes within the individual's circumstances and respond accordingly as well as the ability to undertake personal care tasks in a sensitive manner to meet the needs of the people we support
- To use information technology (including a computer) to undertake a range of administrative tasks and to follow procedural guidelines and complete appropriate documentation in required formats and to compile detailed written reports and be able to communicate clearly to people we support, employees and other professionals all the while understanding the nature of confidentiality
To be a Support Worker at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Experience of working or supporting people within the mental health field and of enabling people with mental health to take positive risks in their lives
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- The ability to assess and respond to changing levels of risk and to work safely to ensure incidents are managed effectively
- A good understanding of accountability, confidentiality, and professional boundaries
- Ability to set boundaries, challenge appropriately and manage conflict constructively
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing to groups and in meetings
About the Organisation
At Certitude we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1800 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we can support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1500 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £48m.
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
Do you want to be a Support Worker at Certitude? Select the apply button, complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered
Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.