LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group, part of RELX, is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services. Our brands provide market-specific solutions that help our customers solve problems, make better decisions, stay compliant, reduce risk and improve their operations.
We meet the needs of our customers every day and serve a variety of sectors including aviation, agriculture, chemical and energy, financial services, collections and payments, commercial property, corporations and non-profits, government and law enforcement agencies, healthcare, human resources, insurance and tax. Our deep industry expertise is combined with vast data resources and advanced analytics to help customers find the answers they need.
We help detect and prevent online fraud and money laundering and deliver actionable insights to insurance companies and healthcare networks. We provide digital tools that help airlines, agribusinesses and tax professionals improve their operations. We empower organizations to create purposeful workplaces, and we are the trusted source of market intelligence for real estate and the world of chemicals, energy and fertilizers.
About the role:
We are seeking a Software Engineering Lead focused on developing solutions with an eye toward safeguarding LexisNexisRisk Solutions Group's (RSG) assets. Following an automation first approach, you will develop small to medium sized internal solutions, enabling our Information Security teams to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of their workloads, allowing them to focus on tangible threats to the organisation that require human interaction. Collaborating across Information Security and wider technology teams, you will help identify areas for improvement and effectively manage product backlogs to help meet ever increasing workloads, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
Whilst being hands-on, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a small geographically dispersed software development squad, providing leadership, training & development, coaching & mentoring, and setting of development goals. Ideal candidates will have strong experience within Software Development and have established a keen interest in Cyber Security and may have been a champion of security in their previous roles.
- Collaborating with teams across Information Security and wider technology to discuss and finalise solution requirements
- Work with the development team to understand complex product requirements and translate into software designs
- Successfully lead and implement strong development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews, secure development and adherence to policies, standards, and regulations
- Lead and implement strong QA/ security testing processes in line with industry best practice and company policy
- Completing day-to-day management responsibilities, including planning, assigning, and directing work as part of a sprint-based methodology, mentoring & coaching, interviewing, hiring, and training employees as required
- Drives the iterative development process, monitors team workflow, and provides guidance to team members; Facilitates team ceremonies such as stand ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning and team demos; Reports progress metrics on a regular basis
- Encouraging and empowering the squad to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions, while fostering an innovative and collaborative culture
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, etc.)
- Strong research skills with knowledge of industry software development best practices
- Ability to interface competently, and work well with, internal and external technical personnel, team members, resources for finalising requirements and other development-related activities
- Strong proficiency and ability in data manipulation, normalisation, and data storage & optimisation techniques
- Strong problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others
- Strong organisation/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritising and reprioritising projects of various size and complexity
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Pension 5%
- 25 days Holiday buy more 5 days brings it up to 30
- 3 discretionary days over Christmas
- 2 volunteer days
- Life Assurance x 4 your salary
- Telephone call with Talent Partner
- Screening call with HM
- Second interview - Technical test