Grapevine is an AI engine designed specifically to improve the travel and booking experience of business travellers. How? By using data to understand when people are travelling, what they might need and when, and then sending personalised messages with booking suggestions at the exact time they need help. With the help of our AI engine Marvin, the recommendations are both personalised and optimised for the messages' time and channel - a true 'digital concierge'.
We are a B2B platform (SaaS) and our initial clients are corporate travel management companies (TMCs) providing us with instant access to large data sets. We have launched with our first client (a leading UK based TMC) and will soon be rolling out both to new clients and with multiple new products, ranging from 'in-trip' recommendations such as airport parking, car hire, fast track security and lounge access to 'in-destination' recommendations such as restaurants, live entertainment, activities and tours. We also plan to send messages via multiple channels, using Machine Learning to optimise the personalisation and time and channel of messages.
Our business model is essentially a revenue share on incremental bookings, so we will live and die by the quality of our recommendations engine, our easy to use product and our ability to build trust with business travellers. We therefore need your help! We're in the middle of a funding round and with the first capital secured we have started the hiring process. We're now looking to grow our engineering team from 2-3 in the short term, then 6+ in a few months time.
About the role:
Our growing platform is based on Ruby, GraphQL, node.js and Vue.js running on Heroku and AWS. As an integral part of the core founding team, key responsibilities will include:
- Helping with the delivery of the core product
- Assisting with site architecture and development strategy
- Regular review of workflows, troubleshooting, problem-solving and ideation
- Keeping up with technical innovations in the travel tech industry and ensuring we use the right mix of leading-edge and tried-and-tested techniques.
- Rolling up the sleeves to get the job done - we're a small team so it will be all hands on deck!
We're really looking for someone to hit the ground running. The role will require a candidate with:
- A degree in Computer Science
- A strong engineering background (back-end specialist) with 3+ years RoR experience and knowledge of GraphQL, AWS, Postgress and node.js
- An interest in how we can use technology to solve real problems for travellers
- Devops experience with AWS would be a plus
- A resourceful self-starter, able to work independently and proactively, and with strong attention to detail
- A future leader with technical vision and a desire to contribute to overall product direction
- A great communicator with an ability to articulate your vision clearly
- Comfortable in a small but fast-paced startup environment, collaborating with product owners, engineers and the business and client technical teams.
- Grounded in solid engineering practices; able to define what good looks like and to help lay the groundwork for a team to grow and scale
- Highly curious about your users' pain points
- Always learning and delights in problem-solving, recognising that different problems require different approaches
- Equity Options
- Remote working available, with no on site required for most roles
- Video Call with Founder
- Video Call with Advisor
- Video Call with Tech team