A global financial services and investment management firm are seeking an ambitious site reliability engineer to join their platform and SRE team to support the ongoing growth of their global client base. The site reliability engineer would be joining the team who take ownership of designing, building, deploying and supporting their production trading platforms, alongside their data and research environments, in line with high availability, scalability and security requirements.
The successful site reliability engineer would be heavily involved in all aspects of platform reliability, performance optimisation and automation, including:
- Build and deployment of public cloud, Linux/network and Docker/Kubernetes based infrastructure environments
- Development of infrastructure as code based infrastructure automation and configuration management systems
- Building and extending CI/CD deployments to support application and platform development and release
- Implementing and refining security management, monitoring, alerts and observability frameworks and dashboards
This site reliability engineer position provides a great opportunity to build on and hone existing cloud, containerisation and automation skills in a highly secure, highly available, global enterprise environment.
This position would be based in the London office, with flexibility to work from home varying based on applicants.
Site Reliability Engineer - Core Experience Required:
- Build and deployment of AWS, GCP or Azure public cloud infrastructure platforms in an enterprise environment
- Strong background in Linux engineering, ideally with networking and/or strong automation scripting experience
- Proven experience utilising Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform for building and maintaining cloud platforms in an enterprise environment
- Building and extending CI/CD pipelines
Experience with the following would be a plus:
- Financial services, trading, FX or other high availability and low latency environments
- Docker and Kubernetes platform build and deployment
- Implementing monitoring and/or security management systems at enterprise scale
- Working on large, enterprise scale cloud and microservices environment
If you could see yourself making the most of this exciting site reliability engineer opportunity please apply online.