At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that. We're a technology company that brings simple stock investing to everyone. We've built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the£1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we're poised to expand into Europe in 2021. We've just closed a Series B funding round led by New York-based growth fund, Left Lane Capital, alongside L Catterton, and Draper Esprit, bringing the total that we've raised to over£65m.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer to own and evolve Freetrade's web presence, ensuring it meets the needs of an ever-increasing user base as we expand across Europe. You'll sit within the marketing team, reporting to the Head of SEO, and will be working closely together on optimising and scaling the website as well as on building tools to support our objectives.
- Own all technical aspects of the Freetrade website and forum and lead the process of dramatically improving key metrics with regards to website performance, optimisation, and monitoring.
- Work closely with our web designer and writers to build fresh, modern web pages.
- Together with our SEO team, deliver technical improvements and tools to the site which help us achieve our company objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams, such as Product Design, Engineering and Operations to support wider initiatives on the website.
- Lead the internationalisation and localisation of our site into multiple languages.
- Innovate and push website performance further while delivering against business objectives.
- Keen eye for detail with a proven track record of building responsive websites that work seamlessly across a range of screen sizes and devices
- Deep understanding of web architecture and an expert in building, designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Up to date with the latest in SEO standards combined with a broad understanding of related performance marketing tools and techniques
- Well versed with a variety of CMS systems coupled with an ability to lead CMS selection, enhancement and decommissioning
- An innate problem-solving mentality and someone who thrives working cross-functionally in an autonomous environment, unphased by ambiguity
- Proficient with a range of analytics tooling such as Google Analytics, MixPanel etc.
- Passionate about design, capable of working at pace with internal product design teams
- Annual bonus
- Private healthcare
- Private pension
- Freetrade plus account
- SIPP account
- £200 to go into your GIA
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work