Overview / Responsibilities
Wood offers a comprehensive suite of services, including proven success in leading multi-disciplinary teams on projects of varying size, complexity, and procurement models, from preliminary assessment and design through to detail design, contract preparation, tendering, construction administration, inspection, and post-construction monitoring.
Wood is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer / Project Manager to join our team based in Vancouver, BC.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building our transportation group. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate recent transportation engineering experience in the consulting industry and experience working with public sector clients. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Lead and oversee the sustainable growth of the transportation business in BC
- Lead local business development efforts, including preparing proposals, developing client relationships, and securing contracts to achieve business development and financial goals
- Develop and maintain a balanced and focused strategic growth plan for the BC transportation business
- Function as a project discipline lead or project manager as required
- Manage and deliver transportation and municipal engineering projects through pursuit, planning, design, and construction phases
- Develop cost estimates and prepare professional reports
- Coach, mentor and provide technical leadership
- University degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with EGBC
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with road and highway projects
- Strong business development skills, including experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposal, Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualification
- Experience with all aspects of roadway design (alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, quantity calculations, contract documents and constructability)
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Experience on BC municipal and MOTI projects is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.