You know us better than you think! Our mission is to empower consumers to make more confident home services, insurance and financial decisions. With our unique set of brands we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a startup and the strength of well established, trusted household names.
Our true purpose is to do all we can to make a positive change to the people and communities around us. Our unique set of brands means we have the best of both worlds. The excitement of a startup and the strength of well established, trusted household names. And, with offices in London, Cardiff, Madrid, Paris, Mexico City and Gurgaon, we have the power to reach millions of consumers around the world, solving everyday complex problems through outstanding experiences.
RVU might be a young business, but the leading brands at our core have a long and well established history behind them. We formed in May 2018 when Silverlake, a US private equity firm, and Red Ventures, a company with a huge portfolio of well-established digital companies, acquired ZPG in the UK. Uswitch, Money and our secondary brands came together with a new identity but a long legacy - Uswitch celebrated its 20th birthday in 2020.
At RVU we believe that 'everything is written in pencil'. We've embraced the quick thinking, assumption challenging culture that's common across Red Ventures globally and combined it with our unique industry expertise and experience. The result? An exciting place to work, where we challenge ourselves daily and adapt to change quickly.
We will never take these privileges for granted. We're committed to making a positive impact on the communities around us, and use our expertise and passion to give hands-on help to people who genuinely need it, through initiatives such as our Pay it Forward programme.
About the role:
Our purpose is to simplify complex marketplaces with intuitive and accessible applications that genuinely improve people's lives. Saving a few hundred pounds a year on bills makes a fundamental difference to vulnerable people who sometimes have to choose between paying for utilities or groceries.
Our platforms serve millions of users a month, process thousands of comparisons a day, and drive hundreds of complex integrations with vastly different partners. We're a tech-driven business that focuses on agile delivery and cross functional product teams .
We are creating the next generation of comparison platforms, and as we scale we are looking for passionate, empathetic engineers to build highly performant, accessible, and beautiful consumer experiences to facilitate switching and comparisons on the web.
- Building the future of the micro front-ends at Uswitch leveraging some of our packages such koa-core , ustyle , and frameworks like Inferno, React, Apollo and GraphQL
- Delivering integrated and accessible full checkout journeys for additional Uswitch products like Credit Cards and Broadband
- Working with multiple other teams to help drive consumer personalisation and wider Uswitch initiatives; working in Clojure , Go, Elixir and deploying to Kubernetes
- Creating a personalised experience on the Uswitch homepage and our new "manage my bills product"
- Building performance tooling to continuously improve our TTFB across the site, and optimising for a PWA experience with offline caching and push notifications
- Creating beautiful dashboard experiences for our B2B products using D3.js and React
We pride ourselves in delivering accessible, performant , and functional experiences to the consumer, hopefully you do too.
The things we look for in you:
- You want to grow within your career and are looking for a place that lets you have immediate, meaningful impact - we deploy up to 150 times a day
- Care about the product life cycle and the lifetime value of the customer - without our customers we wouldn't have a business
- Passionate about accessibility, performance, UX , and A/B testing
- Pragmatic and deliver thoughtful and awesome solutions to solve business problems
- Have had experience or want to have experience working in diverse, cross functional agile teams - we value people that want to push themselves into unknown territories
- Want to be involved in the larger engineering community, and contribute back to that community through open source projects and conferences
- Have a deep understanding of web applications and the surrounding stacks
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Hybrid approach of in-office and remote working - we've learnt to adapt our work style throughout 2020 and will be adopting a hybrid approach of in-office and remote working, once it is safe to do so, where each employee will combine a mixture of the two each week.
- 'Work from Home' budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Regular virtual events - from company-wide events with insightful external speakers, to virtual 'coffee chats' with fellow colleagues, we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected whilst working remotely.
- Health insurance
- Phone Screen
- Technical Assessment