Slalom Build is from Slalom, a Seattle-based firm that set out in 2001 to disrupt and redefine management consulting. Now 10,000 professionals strong around the globe, we are top global partners to AWS, Salesforce, Microsoft, Google, and more.
Slalom has remained employee-owned and has organically grown to 10,000 +employees and>USD$2.5B in annual revenue. In 39 markets across the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, and Japan, Slalom teams bring the global capabilities and experience of a Tier 1 provider but operate with the local community focus and agility of start-up/digital native.
5 years ago, we started to build a world-class team with a passion for cloud, engineering, modern data, and much more. Today, with over 300+ of us in UK (London & Manchester) we are expanding our unique team here in the UK, Europe, and beyond.
At Slalom Build we co-create modern technology and software products with clients who are ready to accelerate their digital transformation. We choose to imagine things made better, and then set out on a journey to realise what's possible. By blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation, we build the custom-built software and data products of tomorrow.
We are makers, thinkers, and doers. We break down silos and collaborate across disciplines to collectively tackle the things that matter most to you and our clients.
- Our senior engineers and Architects with Node.js manage the exchange of data between servers and users, develop back-end components, and connect applications with other web services. They also support front-end developers by integrating web-based applications.
- Have a "test-first" mindset. Create and execute comprehensive unit tests to ensure the highest quality deliverable
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop technical solution documentation aligned with the business objectives
- Collaborate with other team members as well as business owners and cross-functional teams
- Managing code in a CI/CD, source control (GIT) environment
- Experience with AWS, AWS Lambda
- You love coding and have a passion for continued learning in the latest web and cloud technologies
- Solid understanding of website and native application development principles
- You enjoy and are skilled in how to build and consume APIs and understand the basics of internet communication protocols and web frameworks
- You are familiar with, or would like to learn infrastructure as code and serverless technologies
- Delivering quality, elegant, reusable components which can be leveraged by different applications is central to your success
- You sometimes describe troubleshooting as fun and enjoy solving problems
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment and have experience in all phases of SDLC within an iterative Scrum environment
- You have the adaptability to tackle new challenges and work outside your comfort zone, thriving in ambiguous environments
- You're highly self-motivated and can deliver both independently and within a strong, collaborative team
- Private pension
- Private health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Pension contribution
- Choice from MacBooks and Dell Developer laptops
- Awesome Swag
- Free snacks, booze, fruit & coffee in the office
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Thrive benefit
- Phone bills covered
- Phone call
- Initial tech screen
- Tech screen (Whiteboarding)
- Video Call with practice lead
- Closing video call with our MD