A digital money platform serving over 6 million customers in more than 150 countries. Uphold now manages more than $1.5 billion in customer assets. The Silicon Valley firm currently opens around 10,000 accounts a day as consumers seek a more versatile and cost-effective home for their financial lives.
Leveraging blockchain technology, the platform provides both consumers and businesses with easy access to 46 digital assets, 27 national currencies, four precious metals and 50 fractional U.S. equities. Uphold's unique trading experience - 'Anything-to-Anything' - allows customers to trade directly between asset classes, saving time and money.
Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than a minute and trade with no minimum investment amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
About the role:
Uphold is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Engineering Team remotely. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you'll get to focus on building and improving our consumer and business APIs and the many microservices powering our web and mobile applications. You will be designing and building services with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
If you are excited about high-availability requirements, scalability problems, automated workflows, infrastructure orchestration, queueing systems, APIs, and protocols like GraphQL and gRPC, Uphold is the place for you!
What you'll be doing primarily:
- Building the most powerful, easy-to-use payment platform in the world.
- Delivering new features and enhancements to our platform.
- Working closely with the Frontend and Mobile Engineering teams to integrate frontend UI.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers, and other project stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, and support).
- Helping the team keep up-to-date with the tech stack ecosystem.
- Writing high-quality code with performance and scalability in mind.
Bonus if you have:
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Two or more years working as a Backend Engineer
- Strong understanding of relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Strong understanding of web semantics.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and with a great attitude.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
- Experience in developing APIs for other products you've worked on.
- Developing software interacting with message queues (e.g., Kafka, NSQ, Pulsar, or RabbitMQ).
- Experience in integrating APIs from other service providers.
- Proven record of having worked with performance budgets.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you've had or fixing issues on existing projects.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Recruiter Call
- Take-home Assessment
- Virtual Round of Final Interviews
Node.js, Typescript, GoNode.js, Typescript, Go, GraphQL