MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we've come a long way since. Today we're a 300 + strong team (we're thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes - from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you'll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We're making new and exciting things - and we could really do with your help!
About the role:
MOO is seeking a senior JAVA/AWS software engineer. The ideal applicant is an engineer who cares about the details, who will imagine better solutions that delight both MOOsters and our customers. They will be curious to understand what is going on under the hood and how this impacts the user experience. They are also a pragmatic problem solver who thrives in a collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will report to an Engineering Manager and work closely with a small team of engineers. They will be responsible for their code in production, running what they build. They are able to mentor others to deliver technical excellence.
These are the things you will be helping to do:
Nice to haves:
- Deliver clean and maintainable code addressing needs throughout our application stack (which is... deep breath... Java, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EC2, RDS and EKS… phew!)
- Work in an AWS serverless state with a keen understanding of Domain/Data driven architecture designs
- Help us to refactor our applications for performance while simplifying our estate. Set a high standard for the codebase so that it is legible to people less experienced than you, and is easy to change when needed
- Produce clear and consistent REST API designs, sweating the details
- Take ownership of our deployment processes, pipelines and infrastructure code with the support of our excellent Platform team
- Contribute to making and recording architectural decisions based on objective and well rounded criteria
- Able to adopt and develop the professional standards of the team including testing strategies, separation of concerns and maintainability
- Lead work streams, working directly with stakeholders, and involving others within the team
- Assist with triage of support requests