Explore how you can grow
The future of food sustainability is complex. That's why over 20,000 customers across five continents rely on our cutting-edge networks, workflow tools and analytics platform to drive change. The key to our success is our ability to empower people to revolutionize the agri-food and animal health supply chains. So if you bring curiosity, ambition and inventiveness, we'll help you think big, aim high, and explore more.
At Proagrica we are hiring for a Senior Software Java Engineer to join the squad. The role will be a Hybrid model based in our Sutton, Greater London or Heathrow office.
- Write clean, efficient, easy to understand, tested code
- Take business requirements and translate into software - functional and non-functional aspects
- Maintain existing products while working on new products
- Work closely with the product team to understand business priorities and deliverables
- Full softwaredevelopment lifecycle- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software
- Develop necessary artefacts - models, documentation, workflow diagrams
- Create and maintain CI / CD pipeline
- Mentor junior developers in architecture and best coding practises
- Regular code reviews for team members
- Design database architecture
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Be involved in leadership and technical direction
- Java - Expert level implementation skill with Java 8 and above
- Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring Security, Spring data, Spring Messaging, etc
- Testing frameworks - Automation of testing, TDD/BDD
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in object-oriented programming and SOLID principles
- Experience designing and creating micro services in a highly distributed environment
- Build tools - Gradle, Maven
- Good delegation and time management skills
- Proactive, problem-solver, self-driven, and has long-term vision in terms of project
Women in technology:
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26.2% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring Scheme for Women in Technology
- Women's Network Forum
- Women in Technology Employee Resource Group (ERG)
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
In addition to all of this, we offer the following 'core' benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (with option to buy up to 5 days)
- 3 discretionary days over Christmas
- 2 paid charity days, where you get paid to help the community (as a business we do a lot of charity work)
- Life assurance scheme (4*Salary)
- Share options scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
At LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group (RSG), our history, and entrepreneurial spirit make us a rare combination. We never stop innovating, always looking for ways to leverage the power of insight through data and advanced analytics to help our customers solve problems, make better decisions, and improve operations. Our technologies, decision tools and data services give our customers a clear advantage in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency.
Our global portfolio spans the following sectors: Aviation | Agriculture | Chemical | Energy&Fertilizers | Collections&Recovery | Commercial Property | Corporations&Non-Profits | Financial Services | Government | Healthcare | HR | Insurance | Law Enforcement&Public Safety |Tax
At Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 35 diversity employee networks globally and prioritise ensuring inclusive leadership is part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
We encourage applicants and employees to tell us about any health issues they may have to allow us to put in place reasonable adjustments that may support applicants in the application process and support employees to succeed in their role.
- Pension 5%
- 25 days Holiday buy more 5 days brings it up to 30
- 3 discretionary days over Christmas
- 2 volunteer days
- Life Assurance x 4 your salary
- Telephone call with Talent Partner
- Screening call with HM
- Second interview - Technical test