Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors. Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business.
We need to be at the forefront of the rapidly advancing technology that is helping our customers meet their health and wellness goals. We are investing heavily in delivering more speed in the retail experience, greater convenience in service and delivery, and increasing personalisation in our brand and product propositions, both in-store and online.
We love the cloud, we prefer building the right solutions over buying generic ones, and we embrace automation and testing in all things software, infrastructure and data. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but is filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…right now we are on a mission of migrating from legacy software to our brand-new home-brewed microservice platform on AWS as well as rebuilding the tech loyalty uses.
We have NUMEROUS roles and you have the option to work fully remote, or come into our brand new office in London. Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- As an experienced microservices software engineer you will have built applications which are delivered on cloud-based services in disruptive environments with microservices architectures
- Identify potential systems solutions to business needs, analysing the solution feasibility in conjunction with other senior engineers and technical architects
- Research and suggest new open-source tools and techniques that can be utilized in the team
- Develop and maintain expertise in best practice development methodologies and techniques
- Document proposed solutions to allow sign-off by technical specifications in a clear, concise and structured way
- Understanding of microservices architecture design and implementation
- Experience working with/implementing authorization and authentication services
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Strong development background in Java, Spring Boot
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs
- Relational database design and optimization with MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora
- Experience using AWS
- Experience developing and working in a virtualized environment
- Experience using container-based APIs including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging middleware
- Experience with CI/CD and Git, Gitlab
- Ideally experience doing migrations from legacy software
What are you waiting for? Get in touch and let's talk about who we are, what we want to achieve and what the future holds.
We're innovative, we're ambitious, we are Holland & Barrett!
- Work at forefront of modern architecture
- Excellent salaries (we want the best people)
- Lots of Career Progression-Lots of opportunities for internal career progression
- Choose your own hardware
- Extreme Flexibility (yes you can work from home)
- Colleague Recognition Scheme. We like to recognise and celebrate our colleagues for their contributions regularly
- Plenty of Paid Holiday We offer 33 days holiday: 25 days paid holiday and 8 public holidays for you to do what you love
- Life Assurance- 4 x Annual Salary Cover to help your dependents
- Refer and Earn- Recommend a Friend Referral Scheme
3 stage QUICK process which includes 1hr 30min technical deep dive.Java, Microservices, Spring BootJava, Microservices, Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes