Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars. Our mission is to transform the way people buy cars by providing a transparent, no-pressure buying environment where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase and finance a used car entirely online.
Cazoo founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman, has already raised 450m in funding from DMG Ventures, Draper Espirit, General Catalyst and Octopus Ventures, amongst others, to expand the Cazoo world. Our accelerated rate of expansion has resulted in Cazoo being crowned the fastest-ever unicorn in the UK!
About the role:
We're looking for a smart, experienced, and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our London team at an exciting high-scale stage of our journey and help to build the UK's best car buying experience.
We launched our platform in 2019, built with a truly modern tool-chain: a fully serverless, event driven architecture with React on the front end and Typescript used throughout. Cazoo have built a world-class engineering culture and as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be playing a key role in sustaining and driving our mission.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our awesome team and take technical responsibility for one of key areas of development, where you will influence decisions around tooling, architecture and Agile processes. Your role will be focused on delivering new features and functionality that will continue to enhance our customer experience, while improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our core systems.
Cazoo embraces TDD, clean code and the values and practices of XP, DevOps and Software Craftsmanship including pair programming and a "you build it, you run it" mindset. You will support the building of a culture of engineering excellence, through coaching and mentoring other engineers in your team as well as furthering your own personal development.
Your passion and experience will make a massive difference as you join a friendly team where teamwork, pride in your work and a positive and practical attitude is key. It's important that you have strong communication skills, sound decision-making capabilities and a genuinely innovative outlook.
Key skills and experience required:
We are primarily looking for software engineers to join our teams who are humble, enthusiastic and innovative who are keen to work effectively with others as part of a team.
- You will be a Senior Software Engineer who has built a commercial application of significant complexity using any object-oriented language (such as Node, Java, Python or C#)
- You are confident in your application design and architecture skills and have a strong handle on micro-design including dependency flow, clean code and object composition
- You have extensive experience with modern software development practices such as TDD, CI/CD and a DevSecOps mindset
- You are comfortable moving between front-end and back-end technologies, even if one of these domains is not your core expertise
- You can demonstrate how you have supported the effective development of other engineers through coaching and mentoring
- And last but certainly not least - someone with a sizable appetite for learning and self-development, who prides themselves on being a valued member of the team!
If you're excited by working in a fast paced, scale-up environment, are customer obsessed and want to be part of building an amazing brand - we'd love to talk to you!
- Stock Options
- Up to 5% Matched Pension
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Hybrid Office/Work from Home Approach
- Flexible Hours
- Wellbeing Support
- TA Screening
- Video Pair Programming Exercise + 15 minute Meet and Greet
- Video Interview with Tech Leaders
- Values and Drivers Video Interview