Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers.
We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you're ready to help build the world's most customer-focused company, get in touch.
About the role:
As a Software Developer at Zapp you are responsible for providing an amazing user experience and UI with our application. We are looking for someone who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic.
You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write efficient REST APIs and GraphQL Schemas
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Work with designers and developers to develop modern, intuitive user interfaces for our web and mobile applications
- Work in a team environment with shared code, P2P programming code reviews and latest technologies on new greenfield projects too
- Professional experience as a full stack developer with strong knowledge of frontend development
- Strong Typescript skills and any Node.js frameworks i.e. Express.js or Koa.js
- Experience using React.js and/or React Native
- Experience working with CI/CD and agile development teams
- Knowledge of GCP and/or AWS is a plus point
- Strong knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL), web servers (e.g. Apache/Nginx)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. PHP, C#, Java or Python) is a plus
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Enjoy 25 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays)
- Spend your monthly wellbeing allowance on things that really matter to you - via our Juno benefits programme. This can be anything from veggie boxes, to indoor plants, tax advice and much more
- Private health insurance
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Make use of our home office allowance for office supplies
- Benefit from our monthly Zapp order allowance
- Be part of a fast-growing company and a super motivated team
Stage 1: Quick introduction call
This will be a 20-30 minute chat with one of our internal recruiters at Zapp.
Questions will aim to get a sense of you beyond what is presented on paper, and to run through some housekeeping criteria e.g. right to work, start date etc. It is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions that you may have about Zapp.
Stage 2: Hiring manager interview
Here you will be able to speak to your potential manager who will be part of your team at Zapp. This interview will be more Tech&role-specific in order to determine if your previous experience and skills match the job specifications and that our role fits for you.This interview would include a pair programming and Q&A session.
Step 3: The offer! (this is our favorite stage)
Once the team has decided that you would be an amazing fit for the role, we will waste no time in sending you an offer.
Typescript, Node.js, ExpressJS, React, CI/CDTypescript, Node.js, ExpressJS, React, CI/CD, GCP, AWS, PHP, C#, Java, SQL, NoSQL