The Daily Star Showbiz team is recruiting a Senior Showbiz Reporter to join their team. This role is an amazing opportunity for a reporter to move into a Senior Showbiz position, who will be responsible for sourcing exclusive stories, covering breaking news, red carpets and awards shows.
This will be a predominantly home based role with occasional time in the London office.So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.Key Responsibilities What will the role involve?
The Ideal Candidate What are we looking for?
- Generate and cover day-to-day celebrity and TV news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site's most-searchable stories.
- Use your PR contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news stories.
- Wherever possible, identify unique headlines and angles for stories covered elsewhere to make content more searchable.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of competitors.
- Monitor Twitter for content.
Package Description What can we offer you?
- You will have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan and develop relationships with PRs.
- You will be a confident digital journalist with familiarity with CMS and analytics tools.
- You will show attention to detail and have a keen interest in the developments of the TV/showbiz world
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we'll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days' holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years' service with Reach, you'll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day - an additional day's leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you'll be eligible after just six months' employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan - free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK's top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone's invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities - you'll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.