Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
- Develop highly performant, highly availability, fault tolerant systems that are packaged in containers and deployed on the cloud
- Scale, manage and build tools to monitor them
- Determine non-functional requirements and write NFTs
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Help the team choose the best solution and technologies for the task in hand
- Take a pro-active role with production issues and release management
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Drive both technical and process excellence
Technologies / Skills Sought:
- Expert Scala
- Akka / Akka HTTP
- TDD / BDD
- RESTful web services
- Agile Best Practices
- Architectural/Integration Design Patterns
- Private pension
- Flexible working (hybrid model)
- Bonus scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Holiday Buy
30 minute interview.
90 minute interview (with tech test).
Scala, AkkaScala, Play, Java