UK - London - Brentford, Ireland - Dungarvan, Poznan GrunwaldzkaPosted Date:
Jan Senior Manager, Global Automation Engineering
GSK are recruiting for a unique position of Senior Manager, Global Automation Engineering on full-time and permanent basis. This role has a global remit, ready access to GSK House is preferred however we are able to consider candidates at other UK and Ireland and Poland locations.
This position is at the heart of our new Consumer Healthcare business' introduction of new, and development of existing, technologies and will help make us the most competitive and highest productivity company in our sector.
This person will play a key role in introducing, embedding and maintaining new technologies in the areas of manufacturing automation, control systems and robotics as well as supporting regions and sites in the lifecycle management of existing automation platforms.
Reporting into the Head of Automation, you will be a business wide subject-matter expert, responsible for supporting and developing all Consumer Health sites globally as next generation technologies are introduced or improved. This will require considerable project management, as you lead the deployment of multiple, often disparate, programmes simultaneously.
We are working towards a more future-state approach to manufacturing, so the successful candidate will gain exposure to a vast range of cutting-edge technologies. You will develop deep knowledge of these systems, alongside broader skills in leadership and project management, whilst also gaining considerable central and site-based visibility with engineering and other technical leaders in GSK Consumer Healthcare.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 27th January
- Deploying a range of technical strategies and innovative solutions which drive compliance and competitiveness in the market. This requires working across many adjacent functions including Tech(IT), Process Development, Operational Excellence and Supply Chain. The breadth of technologies will include:
- IIoT, 5G, Operational Technology
- Vision Technologies
- Smart Automation: Robotics, Cobots, Automatic Guided Vehicles
- Digital, Data and Analytics (DDA)
- Building organisational capability and increased inter-site networking, through provision of Subject Matter Expertise.
- Regular, multi-million-pound capital investments are planned for the organisation and, whilst these shall be managed by the Regions and the Sites, this role will facilitate and support these projects.
- Responsibility for the lifecycle management of automation platforms across the QSC site network that cover processes including batch manufacturing of pastes, tableting and dispensing and blending of powders.
- Within secondary operations processes include high speed packing of powders, tablets, liquids and pastes as well as assurance processes including serialization, vision systems, computer systems validation and building management systems.
- Maintaining and enhancing Engineering Standards across a range of areas including Technology Asset Lifecycle Management, Serialisation and OT Cyber Security.
- Working across the region and sites to ensure that automation systems are protected with the appropriate level of cyber security protection and security controls based on a defense in depth principles as well as building capability in this and adjacent topics.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert. Why you? Basic Qualifications
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Holds Chartered or Professional Engineer Status.
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Automation Engineering.
- Hands on experience in the installation, testing and maintenance of manufacturing automation systems, devices and applications (PLC's, SCADA systems, DCS, Instrumentation, serialization platforms and vision systems)
- Knowledge of OT and IT architecture and network infrastructure, segmentation, communication protocols, firewalls and cyber security risk management.
- Experience successfully delivering new technologies and automation system introductions.
- Project management experience.
- Practical experience in a site-based automation engineering position.
- Experience in a technical site-leadership role.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- Master's degree qualified in a relevant specialism.
- Experience working internationally, and across multiple sites.
- Hands on experience across multiple industries, including advanced manufacturing and other smart factory sites, will be an advantage.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your
authentic self belongs and thrives.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on , or send an email
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
..... click apply for full job details