Our mission is to become a global leader in logistics and supply chain finance by making trade simpler, more transparent and reliable for businesses.
From our heritage at Uber and Amazon, we bring together a team with deep expertise in logistics, technology and hyper-growth. We are passionate about customer experience and dedicated to drastically simplifying how companies import and export goods globally. We use best-in-class technology including data science, AI&machine learning techniques to drive disruption and efficiency in a centuries old industry.
Do more than you ever thought possible - have more impact than you ever imagined.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented Senior Machine Learning Engineer to scale our team and technology following recent investment. We are seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to create and develop production ML and AI services. These services are the engine behind our business: they determine how customers discover a large selection of global shipping routes in real time; compute shipping prices based on supply and demand matching; and automate Beacon's internal operations.
Beacon is a platform providing global supply chain payment and logistics services to businesses. Our technology makes our customers' supply chains more efficient, sustainable, reliable, and easier to manage. Our mission is to bring efficiency into the global import / export industry - a centuries old backbone of the global economy. Join us as we make this industry work more efficiently; do more than you ever thought possible, and have more impact than you ever imagined.
Beacon brings together industry veterans and experts in the fields of data science, cloud computing, product design, logistics and finance, coming from companies like Google, Amazon, Uber and Revolut. In 2-years we have scaled our business quickly with stable backing from reputable investors, including the CEOs of Google and Amazon. We will continue on a fast growth path given high customer demand.
- Work closely with a team of data scientists productionising and deploying ML and AI models, including NLP models, that power Beacon's customer and operations platform.
- Drive MLOps best practices.
- Guide a team of software engineers on software design and development best practices in a service-oriented environment.
- Take the lead in shaping Beacon's software architecture, especially around ML and AI.
- Define Beacon's technical hiring strategy and mentor a team of talented engineers.
- Have the freedom and encouragement to create and innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong background of deploying AI/ML models into production applications such as creating training & inference pipelines/workflows and deploying at scale.
- Experience deploying AI/ML in a startup environment.
- Experience of driving MLOps best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing commercial software products
- Strong knowledge of service-oriented development, micro-service architecture principles, and continuous development / continuous integration best practices
- Experience with service development on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or equivalent Cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience in Java, .NET, C++ or other object-oriented programming language
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and ability to explain succinctly complex technical issues.
- Have a passion for building simple, elegant software solutions.
2 bonuses per year
Work abroad for up to 3 months
Flexible working hours
Early finish on a Fridays
A trendy office in central London that offers free breakfast, snacks and drinks
Great social events
Brand new, state of the art equipment sent directly to your home
- Recruiter screen
- HM screen
- Case Study/Assessment
- Panel interview
Machine Learning, Artificial IntelligenceMachine Learning, AWS, GCP, Artificial Intelligence, Java, Python