Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors. Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business.
We need to be at the forefront of the rapidly advancing technology that is helping our customers meet their health and wellness goals. We are investing heavily in delivering more speed in the retail experience, greater convenience in service and delivery, and increasing personalisation in our brand and product propositions, both in-store and online.
We love the cloud, we prefer building the right solutions over buying generic ones, and we embrace automation and testing in all thing's software, infrastructure and data. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but is filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
We have multiple openings at all levels, so why not join us and see how far you can go.
What does the tech/stack look like here?
What kind of greenfield projects are happening here?
New apps, checkouts, payments system, customer portals, 3D store planning software, order management systems, single customer view, in-store handheld terminals, and more!
What kind of skills and experience are we looking for?
- Strong Development background in one or more of the following: Java, Python
- Understanding of microservices architecture design and implementation
- Experience developing and working in a virtualized environment
- Experience using container-based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes
- Relational database design and optimization with MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs
- Experience with CI/CD
- Agile/scrum development experience
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
The role offers all engineers the option to work with full remote flexibility, or if you would prefer to come into the office, whether that be once a week or month, this is fine too - come and utilise the workspace in our new London (Park Lane) offices.
The roles offer a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience alongside the kind of corporate benefits you would expect from a company like H&B.
Interested? Then apply now and ALL suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of receipt of their application (excluding weekends).
- Work at forefront of modern architecture
- Excellent salaries (we want the best people)
- Lots of Career Progression-Lots of opportunities for internal career progression
- Choose your own hardware
- Extreme Flexibility (yes you can work from home)
- Colleague Recognition Scheme. We like to recognise and celebrate our colleagues for their contributions regularly
- Plenty of Paid Holiday We offer 33 days holiday: 25 days paid holiday and 8 public holidays for you to do what you love
- Life Assurance- 4 x Annual Salary Cover to help your dependents
- Refer and Earn- Recommend a Friend Referral Scheme
- 30-minute Teams call with a Senior Engineer from the team
- 90-minute Teams call with the Lead/Principal Engineers from the team
Diary availability allowing, we aim to complete the process within 1 week.
Java, Microservices, Spring BootJava, Spring Boot, Microservices, CI/CD, AWS