We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here. We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. This role sits within the "Tech and Data" teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the role:
The driving force behind the world's leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Supporting our production systems
- Mentoring more junior frontend engineers within the team
This role requires someone who has:
- Hands on experience with React in a senior engineer role is key for this position
- Knowledge of other languages (such as Ruby, Clojure, Node) is a plus
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Ideally good understanding of distributed systems and architectures
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- It's a plus if you have proven experience mentoring/leading less experienced engineers
- Collaboration - Engagement with the InfoSec team and other stakeholders, comfortable doing this remotely
- Equity (when we win, you win)
- Private health care (Vitality)
- Health cash plan scheme
- Great learning culture (training workshops and online resources)
- Enhanced Maternity Leave (6 months full pay)
- JustEat for business
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Fabulous onsite barista + breakfast (Free)
- Telephone call
- Technical Interview
- Final Interview