We're an online doctor service and currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe offering fast, convenient and reliable access to medical advice, testing and treatment. Since 2011 we've provided over 5 million paid consultations to patients across Germany, France, UK and Ireland but we want to do more. We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients. That means finding smart, curious people to help us significantly expand our services and patient offering as well as exploring how to support statutory healthcare systems.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Front-end Engineer with experience in building beautiful web applications with solid technical foundations. We're an agile, highly collaborative and passionate team with complementing skills sets, and you should be open to coaching others and expanding your skills. We picked VueJS for our front-end - read here to understand our thought process behind this key decision.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Improving our UI - You will be responsible for implementing new features, completely new flows, incremental updates to our current UI as well as creating shareable and reusable UI components to the design system.
- Experimentation - You will work with UX Designers to create high fidelity prototypes to improve usability. You will also design and run multi-variant tests to test new features.
- Collaboration - Our teams are always working collaboratively. As such, you will collaborate with other engineers on making improvements, best code practices and review code.
- High quality code - Code to high quality standards and ensure your work is tested (unit, integration, end-to-end) and help to define these standards where missing.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and postprocessors (SASS, PostCSS)
- Modern front-end framework (Vue.js, React etc.)
- JS unit testing tools & frameworks (Jest, Mocha, etc.)
- RESTful API consumption
- Build and packaging tools (npm script, Webpack, Babel)
- Basic skills in PHP / Node.js / Go or another backend language
- Experience with browser devtools (Chrome or Firefox Devtools)
- Code versioning tools, such as git
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Github Actions, etc.)
- Understanding accessibility needs and techniques
- RESTful API development
- Split testing and analytics (e.g. Optimizely, Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- Good skills in any backend language
- Experience with End-to-End testing tools (Cypress, Puppeteer, etc.)
- Remote working
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fruit and coffee (if in office)
- Telephone call
- Tech Test
- Panel Interview
- Senior Manager Wrap-up