Commercial Manager - Major Project
£100k - £120K salary plus car allowance and healthcare
I'm currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join a well-known main contractor managing a 250m Newbuild Student Accommodation scheme. The project consists of 1800 rooms over 8 blocks, a medical centre, supermarket, bar/cafe & associated infrastructure. The project is inflation-linked and runs for 4 years.
You will be managing a team of around 8 Quantity Surveyors at varying levels based on-site in Falmer, East Sussex.
You need to have experience with a recognized contractor at Commercial Manager level.
* To maximise the commercial efficiency of the project or projects whilst reducing the risk profile for the business.
* All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation, and agreement of work sections.
* Preparation of tender enquires for subcontract works packages and analysis of tender returns followed by package recommendation report.
* To establish and maintain relationships with the clients and supply chain partners
* Preparation of interim applications for payment and internal valuations.
* Administration and settlement of subcontractors
* Preparation of loss and expense submissions
* Assist the accounts team with matching invoices to orders and delivery notes and the correct allocation of cost to projects.
* Commercial Management experience working with a recognized main contractor.
* Ownership of project budgets and costs
* Delivery of budgeted profit margins
* Effective main / trade contractor procurement and management
* Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying Qualification
* Professional Qualification such as MCIOB, MRICS, CIPS or SCM (desirable)