Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the 'Strength in Balance 'theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto "Bring Your Difference".
About the role:
Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java evangelists have been responsible for delivering some of the largest Government systems as well as business-critical solutions to various sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open-source components and databases.
Version 1 utilises best of breed Java toolsets focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Hadoop, high-performance data grids like HazelCast to multi-node relational systems.
Developers will be responsible for the delivery of projects in an Agile way according to Functional and None Functional Requirements Specifications. You will be involved in technical leadership within a team to co-ordinate and deliver scalable, secure solutions in line with good industry software engineering practices (code quality, CI/CD, OWASP, TDD, SOLID, DRY etc).
You will take technical ownership for a product or software components, covering design, estimation, shaping and functional/non-functional requirements. This will involved design, developing and maintaining cloud-based software applications using Java and associated frameworks (e.g., Spring, Groovy, Jersey, JUnit, Guava, Hibernate etc).
- Design, develop and maintain cloud-based software applications using Java and associated frameworks (e.g., Spring, Groovy, Jersey, JUnit, Guava, Hibernate etc).
- Experience of developing RESTful microservice architectures and solutions which use data persistence approaches (e.g., SQL/No-SQL)
- Experience of technologies such as LDAP, oAuth, Messaging, SSO, BPM and Integration engines
- Experience of delivering software using Agile.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 team members, customer stakeholders and end users during the development lifecycle - e.g., PMs, BAs, Tester, Product, Platform etc
- Clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation, and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and customers.
- Manage, coach, and develop junior members of your team and wider community.
- Foster a positive working environment and facilitating team collaboration and communication.
- Annual Leave - Employees receive an annual leave allowance and up to five days can be carried forward each year if you want to save leave for a special occasion. Unpaid leave of up to thirteen weeks may also be taken.
- Flexible Working - Many of our employees choose to take advantage of the opportunity to work from home, either on an ad hoc basis or with a regular pattern. Many also work flexible hours, depending on what works for themselves and their customers.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave - We offer statutory maternity pay in line with your local office and after two years' service, we offer enhanced six months' paid maternity leave. We also provide two weeks full pay for new dads once probation is completed.
- Shared Parental Leave - This enable parents to share the period of leave that could have been taken as Maternity Leave. Local employment legislation applies here - our HR department can provide more information where required.
- Wedding Leave - We recognise this happy event by giving employees an extra three days annual leave to help them celebrate with family and friends.
- Special Leave - Additional leave is offered to employees upon a family bereavement or when it is needed in a crisis.
1-2 stage Microsoft Teams Video call then offer.
Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, NoSQLJava, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, NoSQL, Groovy, JUnit