Senior Care Assistant (Days or Nights) - £500 Welcome Bonus - Flexible Working Patterns
Malvern, WR14 1AL
Working hours and salary
£10.25 - £11.89 per hour depending on experience
Should you be successfully hired into this role, we are pleased to be able to offer you a one-off Starter Bonus of £500 as a thank you for deciding to join Bupa Care Services. The Starter Bonus will be paid to you in the next available pay run once you have completed four weeks' service and will be subject to deductions for tax and NI. Ts &Cs Apply.
Full time/part time and bank contracts available.
Flexible working opportunities: From term time only, to set days/hours per week - we can offer a range of shift patterns that best fit around your lifestyle. Just let us know what hours you want, and we'll work with you to make sure you get the shift patterns that you're looking for.
What the role of a Senior Care Assistant involves
* Leading a team of Care Assistants to provide the highest standards of care to our residents
* Administering medication in line with the Bupa medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records
* Helping with training and supervision of new staff members to ensure they're welcomed and supported
* Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing and toileting
* Supporting the Nurse to observe and review care planning needs, updating food, fluid and stool charts as well as supplementary files and daily notes
* Building relationships with residents, their families, and external teams such as GPs and District Nurses
* Supporting the team during activities and at meal times (day shift only)
Who we're looking for
You have previous experience working in a Senior Care Assistant role and want to make a difference to people's lives. An NVQ3 in care (or equivalent) would be desirable and you will need to complete Bupa medication awareness training. From your experience, you'll know there will be challenging days, but you'll you also know you will laugh, joke, listen and make lasting memories with our residents as you get to know them. A great communicator, you'll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life.
What's in it for you?
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
* Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
* Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
* NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
* Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
* Refer a friend bonus scheme
* Uniform provided
* Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
* Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
* Cash plan (after 18 months' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
* Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes and retirement villages in the health and social care sector, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world