We look for character over credentials.
What would you do if an uncertain world became certain?
At BondAval we are pushing technology to deliver ground breaking financial instruments that give businesses the freedom and choice to do business their way.
We do this through MicroBonds.
It's in the micro that we see the big potential. It gives us precision, focus and accuracy to create better, faster, easier access to capital.
To achieve our vision we are bringing together a talented team with diverse experience, backgrounds and skills.
About the role:
We're looking for a senior engineer with excellent server-side and architectural skills to be the linchpin of our technical team.
You will be deeply involved in technology decisions, contributing to the code base, and along with the CTO, helping to build a team and best practices across software development, architecture, scalability and data science.
As most other technology teams, we follow an Agile development methodology.
Our team will span multiple disciplines with significant flexibility for individuals to move between core engineering, infrastructure, testing and research.
Our core stack is Go, VueJS and PostGres. We use Python for scripts and data and manage an immutable infrastructure (on AWS) combining Hashicorp and Ansible.
We're super flexible about the technologies and skills you have come with and want to hear about them. We are building out our data architecture and streaming technologies using a variety of open-source platforms.
Nice to Haves:
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Expert level in a server-side language, such as Go, Python or Java
- Strong Relational Database experience; both in querying and design
- Good knowledge of source control
- Strong architectural skills
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Degree in STEM subject or similar optional
- Some experience in several technologies across FE and BE
- Some front-end experience, including VueJS, React or Angular
- Experience with No-SQL databases; Mongo, Cassandra, Redis
- Message broker experience: Kafka, SQS/SNS, RabbitMQ
- Real time streaming; Apache Storm/ Kafka Streams
- Experience with Big Data and Machine Learning frameworks
- Infrastructure knowledge; ansible, puppet, AWS, Kubernetes
- Flexi-working with access to Austin (USA) and London (UK) offices
- EMI share options
- 31 days holiday
- Parental leave
- L&D support
- Bike to work scheme
- Private pension
- Intro call
- Tech test
- Founders call
Go, PythonGo, Python, Vue.js, NoSQL, Kafka, Ansible, Terraform, PostgreSQL