Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Go Gousto!Senior Data Analytics Engineer
Data has been at the heart of our business from the start. We have multiple data products in production, delivering real, measurable ROI. Examples include algorithms to optimise picking in our warehouse as well as our recipe recommendation engine that drives menu conversion. In addition, data is used throughout our teams to make critical decisions at all levels of the organisation.
We invested into our data infrastructure early on in our journey. This is built using Airflow, Snowplow, Kinesis, Athena etc. and is the backbone to many data products - from ML algorithms to BI reporting.
Now we are looking for a skilled Data Analytics engineer with the knowledge to implement data modelling across the business to help us deliver self-serve diagnostics capabilities.
You'll be a bridge between data engineering and end users, partnering with cross functional teams across the business to comprehend their data needs. You will influence through providing the right data in the right structure to enable self-serve analytics capabilities.
If you're a natural problem solver and are passionate about data, you'll fit right in.
What Will Keep You Busy
- Team up with end users across the business to comprehend their data needs and model tables using best practices to ensure the timely delivery of high quality data optimised for self-serve.
- Work closely with BI and Product Analytics teams to standardise and unify metrics as well as build their single source of truth across various dimensions in a scalable way to enable flexible slicing and dicing.
- Partner with Data Engineers to collect data from new sources, strengthen our foundational data models and advocate for and emphasise the business value.
- Coach technical and non-technical users on SQL best practices and efficient querying.
- Help to design, build and maintain a suite of visual dashboards.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Analytics function and optimisation of our event-focused analytics.
Who You Are
- Exposure in a similar business intelligence or data analysis role.
- You'll have significant knowledge in data modelling and in conducting ETL/ELT with large and complex data sets.
- You love SQL - writing efficient SQL queries and programming languages (Python preferably).
- You have a delivery mindset and ability to work in a fast paced, high growth organisation.
- You have great communication skills, whether to your team, to business stakeholders or to our management team.
- You are a high-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
Click here to see our benefits !