SEN Teaching Assistant
Recruiting for a SEN reception TA to join a dynamic and expanding mainstream school in South East London who specialise in children with EBD, PMLD and Additional Complex Needs including ASD.
Location: South East London
Contract Type: Long Term
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Monday - Friday (Full-Time)
The successful applicants will have:
- Experience working with children with EBD, PMLD and Additional Complex Needs including ASD
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff and parents/careers
- Excellent literacy, numeracy & ICT skills
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate
The role will consist of:
- Offering support to the class teacher
- Provide support for individuals and groups of pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans
- Building good student - teacher rapport
- Support aspects of personal and intimate care
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold an enhanced child & adult barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Provide two professional child related references
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.