Regional Learning and Development Officer
(Home based role in London Region)
If you're passionate about helping to further the mission of our churches, circuits and districts, then we would like to hear from you. As an experienced professional with a proven track record in learning and development, you will be part of a learning network within the Connexional Team of The Methodist Church. You will join a 43 strong, GB-wide network of learning and development professionals.
The team covers a wide range of learning and development areas within the life of the church aimed at supporting and encouraging the church in living out Our Calling 'The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of God's love in Christ and to live out its discipleship in worship and mission' and can be called upon to deliver support across the Connexion.
The role includes:
- Preparing and delivering a range of learning and development activities and initiatives
- meeting with colleagues to plan, develop and review programmes of learning and development
- share gifts/experiences and build good relationships with the London District, individuals and communities across the church and beyond
- requires travel mainly within London, weekend and evening work
- Working in a multiculturally rich environment
The successful candidate must demonstrate key skills that include:
- excellent communication skills through written, oral, visual and digital mediums;
- good planning, organising and leadership skills;
- the ability to work collaboratively with strong relationship building skills.
As an inclusive organisation we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We welcome applications from people of Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic groups (BAME), as they are currently under-represented within the Learning and Development team.
For a lay employee, a salary range (including London weighting) of £32,000 - £38,181 per annum is offered. For ministers in Full Connexion the standard terms of service apply. Please note that this role is offered as a fixed term contract until 31 Aug 2023.
In return we offer an exceptional pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement (with an extra 3 days' leave granted over Christmas/New Year), TOIL, flexi-leave and an on-site Wellbeing Adviser support service.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing Date: 6th February 2022
Interviews: 18th February 2022