We are looking for a receptionist to join our small team at Burnett Hodd and Tam Optometry, a private Optometrist practice in the Harley St area. We have been established for over 100 years and we are world famous for our eye examinations, spectacles dispensing and complex contact lenses.
We are a house practice rather than a high street Opticians, very much like Harley St clinics.
We are open Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is confident and enjoys dealing with people in person and on the phone
- Has experience working in a medical environment or at an Opticians, this is ideal but not essential
- Has an excellent telephone manner
- Has exceptional social and communication skills
- Is confident using a computer and email
- Has experience of customer service
- Is organised and methodical
- Has a good GCSE level of mathematics.
Our receptionists are the link between the patients and the Optometrist. It is vital that they make a good impression. The main areas of this role are:
- Sit at front of house and greet patients and check them in for their appointments
- Book patients in for appointments on our appointment system
- Take orders for contact lenses over the phone and pass to technicians
- Deal with patient queries by phone and email and pass them on effectively
- Take payment from customers in person and on the telephone
- Organise the post
- File patient records
- Administrative tasks.