If you're searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Caerphilly to appoint a talented Quantity Surveyor on a Contract basis (approximately 2 years work available).
Based in Caerphilly, you will be tasked with:
- To provide quantity surveying and estimating services for internal and external schemes to ensure the best use of available resources.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- To provide support to a team of designers and surveyors, primarily on Education & Corporate refurbishment and new build projects
- To provide expert opinion on procurement and contractual issues
- To negotiate with Contractors to resolve financial/commercial issues including agreement of Final Accounts prior to Audit
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a ecognised RICS or CIOB professional qualification at degree level or equivalent
- Have the ability to take on a project management role where necessary.
- Have strong contract administration skills and commercially astute/aware of CA duties on JCT Minor works and Standard forms.
- Have the ability to provide pre-tender estimates and cost advice to designers/clients.
- Have previous experience working with / for a Local Authority (Desirable)
What's on offer:
- Salary: £20-£25 p/h
- WFH Arrangements: WFH, with site visits required 1-2 times per week
- Contract type: CONTRACT
- Contract Lenth: Ongoing (2+ Years)
Hours: 9-5 Mon-Fri (37 hours per week)
How to apply:
If you've got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O'Halloran on
- Email your CV to
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial Zoom interview. This position is available from w/c 15/08/2021