Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
- Deliver production-ready running tested Python software as part of a mostly Java stack of components (Java experience is desirable, but not strictly required).
- Work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product (including first line support).
- Additional training on Java/Spring applications as part of your usual development activities is available.
- Developing and maintaining internal facing web front ends.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to write user stories, providing information such as cost (estimates) and technical risk.
- Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied.
- Proven delivery experience of large-scale, Python-based backend projects. Understanding of efficient Python data structures and implementations, working with Agile methodologies and Scrum.
- Comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Strong experience of pair programming is must. This will take up 90% of your role.
- Experience with high volume high availability systems (backend focus), Understanding principles of Micro Services Architecture.
- Familiar with REST APIs, Flask (or Django is Okay). Comfortable with Unix/ Linux/ MacOS Environment.
- Software engineering practices including: design patterns, automated build and test systems for CI/CD (using Jenkins or similar) and TDD.
- Experience with performance testing frameworks e.g. Gatling, J-Meter and a bonus to have experience with Celery, Redis, Neo4j, Kafka.
- Understanding of complex data structures (e.g. Graphs). Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools like Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus, Alert Manager & Grafana.
- Private pension
- Flexible working (hybrid model)
- Bonus scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Holiday Buy
- 30 minute call with hiring manager.
- 90 minute follow up interview (including tech test).