Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit .
Honeywell UOP Project Sales / UPT America has an opening for a Project Sales Manager. In this role, one will be accountable for developing technology projects with UOP's existing installed base of clients, as well as 'new to UOP' clients. Project Sales will support Account Mangers/Executives in pursuing projects identified by the Account Management teams with existing UOP clients. Project Sales will own all aspects of prospecting, developing, negotiating, and contracting said interactions with 'new to UOP' clients. Project Sales will liaise with appropriate Account Managers in the CSO Organization and sales support to ensure sales success. Project Sales will provide suitable input for development of Technical Proposals, and will be responsible for developing, in conjunction with the business, suitable commercial strategies and proposals. Project Sales will develop, manage, and negotiate all commercial agreements - licensing, engineering, guarantee, initial catalyst and/or adsorbent fills, equipment, and service. This role is ideal for candidates interested in pursuing a career in UOP Technology Sales, Marketing, Business Management and other Business Development roles.
• Work with Account Managers/Executives, when project opportunities are identified, to develop projects for revamping existing refining or petrochemical assets, or the pursuit of new unit builds.
• Provide input for the development of customer account plans jointly with Account Managers/Executives.
• Forecast project demand and revenue from assigned accounts
• Deliver budgeted bookings and target margins
• Once project opportunity is identified, lead project opportunities through the entire sales cycle: clarify bid, develop sales strategy, enroll and align sales support, submit proposals, and close deals.
• Work with order management team, production planning, catalyst/adsorbent manufacturing, and service to deliver, and service, the project.
• Capture the entire sales cycle in through leads management, opportunities forecast, trip reports, call logs, strategy in blue sheets, and win-loss reports.
• Support Marketing and Technology functions by providing market intelligence and win/loss reports in a timely fashion.
• As appropriate, work with the business and sales support to develop suitable sales collateral to be used in proposals and customer clarification meetings.
YOU MUST HAVE
• BS Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Chemistry
• 10 plus years' experience in the petrochemical, gas or refining industry.
• Should have a desire to pursue a long-term career in commercial sales and/or business management
• UOP Refining, Petrochemical, and Renewables experience highly valued.
• Solid ability to listen for opportunity and client needs.
• Ability to translate the benefits of UOP technologies (solution) to a specific customer application (need).
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Should have desire to put together a Development Plan based on Sales Competences
• Excellent team and communication skills
• MBA highly valued
• Familiarity with UOP legal frameworks supporting licensing, engineering, guarantee, initial catalyst fill, equipment, and service events
• Being completely self-motivated
• An ability to influence diverse groups
• An ability to exercise independent judgment
JOB ID: req351491
Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd,Des Plaines,Illinois,60,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.