I am currently looking to recruit a Production Engineer for a leading, manufacturing company based in Scunthorpe. My client is currently going through a period of new product development, and new production introduction, so now need to recruit a highly motivated, Production Engineer to assist in the product into production process. Manufacturing engineers, Development engineers and Production engineers are encouraged to apply.
This position is with a large manufacturing company located in Scunthorpe. Due to company investment they are now looking to hire a highly motivated, Production Engineer to assist in the product into production process. As a new employee you will be given full product training and this role will come with strong career opportunities.
As the new Production Engineer, you will be based at the Scunthorpe manufacturing site, reporting directly into the production engineering manager. You will work as part of a small team of engineers responsible for providing technical expertise, solving production problems, and assisting new products into production. You work with production staff, including supervisors, operatives, and Engineers to keep assembly, manufacturing and packaging systems working smoothly and efficiently.
- Enable a smooth set up of new production processes.
- Point of contact for all production staff of all levels.
- Provide technical support, estimations and feedback when required.
- Produce technical drawings to support customer requirements for new products.
- Ensuring build quality is maintained to high standard and documentation provided to support production.
- Assisting in the generation of bill of materials, and standard operating procedures as part of the Engineering team.
- Ensuring documentation is maintained in line with Company and customer requirements such as PPAP, FAIR etc.
To apply for the production Engineer position, you will be a self-starting, problem solver with a can do attitude. You will also be capable of managing multiple tasks, using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A degree or HNC within an skilled discipline.
- Some experience in Lean manufacturing.
- A successful track record of new product introduction.
- Customer focused and target driven with the ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ability to identify solutions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- An effective verbal and written communicator all levels of the organisation.
- Possess excellent H&S awareness.
Salary for this position will be £28,000 to £36,000.