Are you looking for a career within education? Prospero Teaching are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work in a Primary school in Bath.
Duties would include working with and supervising individuals and groups of children under the direction/instruction of the class teacher, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all children. Providing class cover in the absence of the class teacher. The successful candidate should also be able to think quickly & problem solve without the supervision of the teacher.
Experience within a classroom environment is essential. Having a current enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service would be advantageous, if not you will be required to pay for a new DBS before being introduced to schools.
Contract/ Position Details
- Location: Bath
- Position: Learning Support Assistant
- Type of work: LSA
- Contract or position start date: ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration: Temp to Perm
- Full time/part time: Part-time (potential full time)
- Minimum rate of pay: £70 per day minimum
- Hours: 8:30 am - 3.30pm
Experience, training and qualification:
- Previous experience working with children within a primary school setting
- Additional SEN qualification or relevant CPD course
- Ability to think quickly & without supervision
- Confident when working with small groups or 1 to 1
- Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment
- Driven to motivate the pupil and increase their participation
- Be caring, patient and have good communication skills
To Be Eligible For This Role Through Prospero Teaching, You Must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, contact Dominic at the Bristol branch on / or email your CV to