The Portfolio Competitor Insights Manager will support the delivery of portfolio-and company-level external insights and performance benchmarking, enhancing global strategic and portfolio decision-making within R&D. The Portfolio Competitor Insights Manager will conduct and report analyses, including but not limited to comparative benchmarking, competitor strategy assessments and portfolio-level competitive intelligence. These analyses have significant business impact, directly and indirectly contributing to both R&D strategy and portfolio decision-making.
The Portfolio Competitor Insights Manager must be able to interpret competitor and benchmarking information across TAs and research areas effectively, whilst at the same time having a strong understanding of the limitations of different information sources and the strengths and weaknesses of different analytical methodologies
This position delivers external insights directly to key R&D leadership and decision making bodies (R&D leadership team - up to and including the CSO, Portfolio Investment Board and Corporate Executive Team) as well as enabling portfolio trade-off decisions by providing qualitative and quantitative analyses, context, and insights in relation to the external landscape. 'Be You' at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer
. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values.
These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust
priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive.
Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer , we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively In this role you will
Working both in collaboration with the Portfolio Competitor Insights and Analytics Director and independently, Portfolio Competitor Insights Manager deliverables include:
Closing Date for Applications: 19th January 2022 (COB)
- Strategic, company and portfolio-level competitor analyses.
- Systematic and ad hoc R&D benchmarking analyses.
- Monitoring of GSK R&D performance and trends versus peer companies.
- Analysis and communication of factors contributing to competitor performance, in relation to GSK R&D.
- Contributing to portfolio prioritisation decisions.
- Partnering with the R&D Strategy team to deliver strategic projects informed by R&D priorities, providing research and analysis support, deriving insights, and shaping final deliverables
- Providing analytics, reporting and insights on the external landscape that will inform decisions by the R&D leadership team, Portfolio Investment Board and Corporate Executive Team on GSK's R&D strategy and portfolio investments.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
*LI-GSK Why you?
Qualifications & Skills:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in biological sciences, pharmacology or other biomedical discipline
- Experience in competitive intelligence and/or benchmarking gained either directly within a pharmaceutical company or from a relevant healthcare CI, benchmarking, analytical or consulting environment.
- Experience in creating structures to answer key Pharma R&D questions, planning and completing the required quantitative and qualitative analysis, translating the findings into the key implications, and presenting summaries to internal stakeholders
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and executive communication.
- Quantitative analytics experience
- Understanding of pharmaceutical R&D
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
- Higher degree in a scientific or business discipline are advantageous
- Strong knowledge of publicly available and subscription resources for competitor and/or benchmarking information
- Recognises the difference between competitor information and competitor insights
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on , or send an email
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
..... click apply for full job details