PHARMACIST - MANUFACTURING
ITH Pharma specialises in the provision of Parenteral Nutrition, Chemotherapy and CIVAS. Our team provides flexible services with batch and bespoke items for adults, paediatrics and neonates to both NHS and private hospitals.
The successful candidate will be joining a forward thinking organisation where sharing ideas and developing their people is how they have built their success.
As a Pharmacist you would work as part of a team reporting to a QA Manager and Director of Pharmaceutical Services. Your work would be to undertake a range of activities associated with the preparation of medicines manufactured under a 'specials' licence and in an aseptic environment, systems of work and quality improvements, all forming the quality assurance service of ITH Pharma.
Your main duties would include:-
* Batch release of manufactured 'specials;'
* Validation of processes and equipment;
* Product defect - investigations and reporting;
* Deviations - investigations, reporting and responding to customers when required;
* Product stability reviews;
* Documentation e.g. SOPs, change controls, risk assessments, product specifications etc.
The Person - Skills and qualities required
Applicants must be registered with the GPhC and have practical aseptic experience plus have either:
1. A demonstrable track record gained within a similar position at a similar level, or,
2. Broad understanding of products and processes used in the manufacture of 'specials' licensed medicines and show an appetite for learning and development, evidenced through an up to date CPD portfolio.
In addition you will need good oral/telephone and written communication skills in English, be numerate with strong analytical and problem solving skills, methodical in approach and able to demonstrate close attention to detail and concentrate for long periods of time.
An appreciation of customer needs and experience of working as part of a busy team to tight deadlines without losing focus are also essential.
Salary and Benefits
ITH Pharma offer a competitive salary depending on experience with benefits including 26 days annual leave, PHI, shop styled self-service tea room, breakout areas and contributory pension scheme; also the chance to progress your career within a leading organisation