Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generating, updating, and running monthly payroll for 4 companies - one being a fast growing with c50 staff, 3 others have only a few employees
- Completing the whole HMRC submissions. Processing new employees and leavers, issuing the relevant paperwork and documents to HMRC.
- Manging the new joiner process including the set-up of the benefits
- Submitting and making pension payments. Setting up employees contributions to their pension plans. Submitting Auto Enrolment pension information. You will also liaise with each party's pension provider to notify them of any changes from the employer's side.
- Managing the staff healthcare policy, adding and removing employees to the scheme and organising payments of additional premiums and ensuring refunds are received. Reviewing the renewals each year to ensure the cover and service is relevant and cost efficient. Working with the agents assigns to operate the policies on the company's behalf.
- Renewing the staff life insurance policies, adding new employees on, and removing leavers. Ensuring the correct level of cover for each employee is in place.
- Ensuring any benefits in kind are properly recorded and P11D's submitted
- Bookkeeping using Sage 50 accounting software, up to the trial balance
- Maintaining and organising the necessary records/files
- Bank processing and reconciliation, Credit card reconciliations
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with timely submission of VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations, journal postings, accruals and prepayments
- Help prepare the monthly management accounts
- Supporting the wider finance with related duties as requested
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
You will be
- Experience of running payroll and using Sage Payroll
- Bookkeeping experience with a minimum 2 years' experience
- Part Qualified AAT, CIMA or ACCA
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50
- Strong Excel skills
- Confident communicator, self-motivated and focused on deliverables
- High attention to detail and well organised
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise effectively
- Able to think on feet and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in property/asset management would be useful but not essential.
- A strong grasp of accounting - posting journals, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
Location - Full time roll required to be in West End office 1 to 2 Days a week; 2 - 3 days a month in Milton Keynes; remaining days flexible / WFH