Description and requirements Where can you build for a better society?
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Building Services team on-site in London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with a proven record of innovation and continuous improvement throughout their career.
You will be responsible for the management and development of the operational team and ensure all engineers and sub-contractors are maintaining service delivery requirements. You'll:
We're looking for:
- Working closely with senior clients being the main point of contact and escalations for the team.
- Manage supervisors so that planned preventative maintenance and reactive works be completed within specific deadlines and targets.
- Ensure PPM and reactive tasks are completed in adherence to defined engineering standards and in accordance with HASAWA requirements.
- Regular checks and site inspections to ensure work is delivered per contract specifications.
- Lead and guide the team by example.
- Develop and shape the structure of the team working to best practice and the safest standards.
- Support fellow team members of varying trades with discipline specific PPMs / Reactive jobs.
- Suggest improvements and betterment solutions to systems installed on site, using trade knowledge and experience.
- Working closely with the Skanska Senior Operations Manager to drive and develop the team's overall success and service delivery to the client.
- Ensure all statutory & mandatory compliance maintenance tasks, records/certificates are kept up to date at all times in line with the contractual requirements
- Ensure that work order reporting is updated quickly and concisely, liaising with the faults helpdesk when required.
- Previous experience as a supervisor and manager in the facilities/building management services.
- Technical background with relevant qualifications in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Health & Safety IOSH qualification or similar is desirable or suitable experience
- Good Understanding of Statutory Compliance within the industry
- Forward thinking and a pro-active approach.
- A problem solver and innovator
- Be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Demonstrate previous Client Customer facing experience.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic - we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska. Flexible working
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role. Reasonable adjustments
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application. More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: Closing date
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.