PERSONLINE-MANAGED BY: Administrative Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide a comprehensive and confidential administrativesupport
service to the Headteacher and to manage an outstanding office function for the school.
A secondary school who are known for their excellence and outstanding pupils are looking for an Office Manager and Personal Assistant to the Headteacher, this individual would need to start immediately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the effective operation of all aspects of the main school office and reception.
- Proactively support the development of a dynamic learning community through the effective delivery of administrative services to meet the needs of every stakeholder.
- Line management of the main office staff.
- Identifying training and development needs of personnel.
- To be competent in HR functions across the MAT so cover can be provided if required.
- To manage the Headteacher's electronic diary providing for all appointments and meetings, ensuring a manageable schedule is maintained, ensuring it is kept up to date and if needed a daily overview of forthcoming events with documentation provided to the Headteacher, if required.
- To be the first line of contact between the Headteacher and any phone calls, requests from staff or visitors, ensuring only appropriate contact is made and manage all communications from the Headteacher to all employees.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- To demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- To devise and manage systems which improve the efficiency of school administration in relation to the role.
- To process the Headteacher's mail ensuring that all important matters are dealt with confidentially and effectively in line with arrangements established with Headteacher.
- To generate correspondence on behalf of the Headteacher as required.
- To manage all aspects of the administration of the Local School Board and to provide a comprehensive support service to the Local School Board in an efficient and timely manner.
- To be the primary point of contact for all members of the Local School Board and to manage communication between the members and school staff.
- To manage the relationship with NPW Governor Services ensuring the SLA standards are met.
- responses to parental enquiries, including comments and complaints and provide excellent customer service.
- Receive and welcome visitors to the school on behalf of the headteacher in a professional manner, providing hospitality as required, being highly courteous and effective at all times.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance.