Based in Dickens Yard, Ealing London
Tuesday - Friday : 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
We are currently looking for an Office Coordinator to manage the reception desk and support the centre Instructor in all aspects of delivering the Kumon Maths and English Programmes at the Kumon Ealing Dickens Yard Study Centre.
Kumon develops every child's potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 650 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Providing a professional reception service for the centre
* Welcoming parents, managing enquiries and taking messages,Communicating with Kumon parents regarding issues such as absences, discontinuance, and payments
* Processing and managing payments from Kumon parents,Maintaining positive relationships with Kumon parents
* Carrying out other general administration duties.
* Proven track record in administrative roles
* Proficient in full range of Microsoft Office packages including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Excellent telephone manner,Team player, but ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to work on multiple tasks,Good communication skills ,Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods
* Professional manner, Enthusiasm , Positive attitude, Professional appearance,'Can do, will do' attitude, Able to work-unsupervised and use own initiative
* Exceptional attention to detail, Flexible approach to working hours
* Appreciation of customer care, Understanding of and commitment to an ongoing programme of professional self-development
* Positive and caring interest in children and their capabilities
* Experience in working in a multi-lateral, multi-cultural environment
* Knowledge and/or experience of working within the education sector
* Working knowledge of Access databases and/or any other similar database IT solutions
* Full driver's licence and ability to drive
* Willing to travel to other UK offices as and when required (with possible overnight stay)
Must have Grade B in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
In return, we will offer you:
* 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
* Annual salary reviews
* Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
* Free Kumon tuition for your children
* Hundreds of retail discounts
* A company pension
* Private Medical Insurance
* Free eye tests
* Life assurance
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
1. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager
2. If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country.The assessment day will be based on tests and presentations
3. The final stage will be a face-to-face interview
To apply for this role, please provide your CV and a supporting statement letting us know why you are interested in working for Kumon.
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your GCSE (or equivalent) results.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying