National Contract & Operations Manager - Fencing
National role will involve travel and staying away from home
Excellent opportunity for a contracts manager with extensive experience in the fencing industry to undertake a varied role to support UK wide contracts for multiple fencing projects including work for HS2. Ensuring all projects are delivered on time, on budget and to high quality standards
Your role will include:
- Operational Management of multiple contracts.
- Overseeing the procurement and delivery of materials.
- Allocating resource.
- Liaise with customers and delivering excellent levels of service
- Manage and implement cost controls for large client accounts.
- Agree budgets Ops manager/Commercial Manager prior to contract commencement
- Prepare for and attend meetings of the larger client accounts
- Agree weekly income expenditure forecasts with Line Manager.
- Manage all fencing staff and subcontractors including recruitment, work organisation, motivation, disciplinary, appraisals, training needs assessment, team building.
- Manage all health and safety matters including implementation of H&S policies, procedures method statements, risk and COSHH assessments
- Complete site surveys, assemble, and deliver quotations for new and additional works.
- Assist the commercial team with tenders including Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and attend post tender presentation
As the Contract Manager you will have:
* Significant experience in the fencing industry.
* Technical knowledge of fencing standards, specifications, installation techniques, Inspections and testing, interpretation of drawings.
* Familiarity with the UK fencing supply chain.
* Must have full clean driving license
* CSCS card holder, Minimum SMSTS preferred.
* Experience with appropriate Sector Scheme qualifications desirable. CSCS FISS qualifications an advantage.
* Must be a highly organised individual and effective time manager
* Must be IT literate with advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Must be good with people and an effective communicator
* Must be capable of working in a high paced environment where response times are critical in the service industry
Benefits include company car, pension scheme, 23 days holiday increasing by 1 day for each full year worked up to a maximum of 25 days.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.