As our clients' data is becoming increasingly big and complicated, the need for high quality analysis as well as leave behind tools and dashboards to make ongoing decisions is growing rapidly. OC&C is regularly tasked with problems where the answers are hidden in large, messy and complex data sets such as transaction data, customer-behaviour data and web data. This creates a requirement for pragmatic, stable and reusable solutions within a fast-moving consulting environment. At the same time OC&C is also evolving, is leveraging data better internally and is always aiming to improve our own data capability.
You will be part of the team which will contribute to our growth broadly in the three areas:
- Build of new and maintenance of the existing delivery tools which leverage big data and advanced analytics
- Visualisation tools development on client work
- Internal data visualisation development and upskilling of generalist consulting team
The tool development team is part of our Business Services team and will work very closely with the analytics team. As part of the data engineering and tool development team, you can expect to work across the whole organisation but will spend most time working with other technical experts from the analytics team as well as with the generalist consultants.
The data engineering and tool development team is one of the growth areas for the firm and we are looking to recruit individuals with 3 - 6 years experience as an MI / Visualisation / data analyst. We offer competitive remuneration and a stimulating environment that facilities personal and professional growth. We are looking for candidates able to demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
Requirements and Previous Experience
- Accomplished analyst with experience in working with large structured/unstructured data
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in reporting tools - we use Tableau but proficiency in any of the most common tools will be considered
- Proficiency in SQL plus exposure to one or more programming languages of R and/or Python
- 3-6 years experience of scoping and delivering visualisation outputs in a commercial environment
- First degree in a quantitative subject preferred
- Inquisitive mind and willingness to learn
- Self-starter mentality and can-do attitude
- Comfortable communicating and engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Collegial and collaborative working style
OC&C is a global strategy consulting firm with 11 offices around the world. We work for senior executives, providing solutions to some of the most exciting strategic problems in consulting today. We work across all sectors, but our London office specialises in Analytics, B2B Products & Services, Consumer Goods, Leisure, Media & Technology, Private Equity and Retail.