COME PRACTICE WITH US!
Full-Time or Part Time - Medical Director/Addictions Physician
We are looking for a Medical Director to join our team at Richmond Comprehensive Treatment Center. Monday-Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm or part time, flexible schedule.
- Age Group/Range: Adults
- Practice Setting/Type: Outpatient
Addiction Medicine patients require care from specialty-trained professionals, in a highly-specialized, and quality-focused environment. Our team at Richmond Comprehensive Treatment Center in Richmond, IN is seeking to add a like-minded licensed physician to their diverse and dynamic team.
The Medical Director is responsible for leadership, quality assurance, oversight and overall medical management of the clinic within the boundaries of state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. Responsibilities include planning, organizing medical and clinical practices; providing direct patient care and assisting other departments with direct interactions with physicians or medical staff.
- Oversees and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and management of delivering medical services within the clinic;
- Defines protocols and assists in decision making pertaining to the medical care of patients that is consistent with current medical practice and CTC policies and procedures;
- Provides oversight to other professional medical staff, as well as administrative or support staff, as designated;
- Serves as a liaison between the medical staff, other clinic staff, division or corporate staff, and organizational leadership;
- Monitors assigned staff to adherence to established medical and clinic policy;
- Provides back up call coverage;
- Serves in a teaching capacity for the training and development of other personnel;
- Responsible for securing physical exam and history from the patient, reviewing medical records, making medical evaluations, request appropriate diagnostic testing, prescribes medications and treatments, assists in the management of behavioral or mental health problems of patients, maintains current medical records in accordance with federal or state regulation, and clinic or corporate policies and procedures; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Medicine (MD or DO)
- Prefer previous experience in behavioral health or substance abuse treatment
- No history of alcohol or drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
- Current license to practice medicine by the state in which the facility or clinic(s) operates
- Board certification or certificate of admissibility for board certification by American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP), or other certification within their discipline
- Current DEA credentials to prescribe controlled substances without restrictions and per regulation within the state in which the practitioner will be working
- Additional specific DEA credentials may be required, per state and clinic regulations or policy
For more details please contact - Debbie Hughes, Senior Physician Recruiter - 615.861.7581