Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
Day's based role
We are looking to recruit a skilled Mechanical Maintenance Fitter for an established business in the Thirsk area. This is a day's based role with some paid call out and overtime available. The role would suit a candidate who has worked within a manufacturing / production environment previously and has experience of undertaking both PPM work and breakdowns.
As the Mechanical Maintenance Fitter, you will:
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance tasks including servicing, repairs, and inspections
- Assisting with installations and upgrades and improvements projects of current equipment
- Attending breakdowns during the working day and responding out of hours when on call.
- Working on a range of equipment including belts, bearings, chains, gearboxes, valves, pumps, conveyors, hydraulics and pneumatic
- Undertaking basic welding, fabrication and machining
- Working with and monitoring contractors
- Sourcing suppliers & ordering parts when required
- Ensure H & S standards are adhered to
As the Mechanical Maintenance Fitter you will:
- Have served a Mechanical apprenticeship and have experience in a manufacturing environment
- Be fully conversant with a range of equipment including hydraulics and pneumatics
- Hold a relevant engineering qualification to minimum NVQ level 3 + or equivalent
- Have confident mechanical fitting skills and confident work based experience in a similar role
- Be keen to undertake additional training / education where appropriate
- Be happy to undertake physical work and occasionally work at heights
- Have confident fault finding and repair skills
Call Yasemin at Travail on for an immediate interview.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.