Title: Workshop Painter
Duration: End date 31/03/22
Reports Directly to: Team Leader
Specific Accountabilities / Key Tasks
- Operate within a team environment ensuring parts are processed through to completion in a timely manner and in line with production schedules
- Carry out any essential first line maintenance in connection with the equipment used, in order to preserve the safety of personnel in the area and the safety of the plant and workload
- Check that the correct issue of drawings and layouts are used in meeting manufacturing requirements
- Mix anti-oxidant coatings to appropriate paint mix specifications
- Work to established paint specifications
- Carry out painting operations utilising the most appropriate equipment which could include spraying or brush painting
- Work to established paint curing systems as appropriate which could include air curing or the use of curing ovens
- Must keep all equipment clean and serviceable
- Experience of working to established processes and procedure
- Demonstrated ability to follow work instructions / operational tool layouts, etc.
- Experience of various paint application processes including spraying and brush painting
- Ability to carry out ongoing visual inspection of processes; reporting problems to Team Leader when required.
- Complexity / Control of Accuracy: Adhere to established procedures, perform basic visual inspection and annotate QH cards
- Maintain good housekeeping techniques
- Work under general supervision of Team Leaders, and occasionally, department management.
- To maintain good working relationships with cell colleagues and personnel from other departments
- Good physical health and mobility is required. Perform first line maintenance including- cleaning of equipment and work area
- Basic numeracy and literacy required. Knowledge:
- Knowledge of various paint application processes including spraying and brush painting
- Working knowledge of PC operation in the current company operating system environment
- Ability to interface with the companies current control system
- Plant and Equipment used: Extraction table, brushes, curing ovens, paint masks, paint stirrers, spray gun, disc lifting equipment, extraction equipment, tool cleaning equipment, etc.
- Safety of Others: Work to cell and company operating and EH&S procedures and quality standards. Maintain housekeeping to a good standard.
Working conditions are generally good but operators are exposed to anti-oxidant coatings therefore approp