Learning, Talent & Inclusion Consultant (Aviva Investors) -People Function - London The Role
This is a great opportunity to join the People team at Aviva Investors, working across our learning, talent, and inclusion priorities. The primary focus in this role is the design and delivery of the learning curriculum for our graduates, interns, and trainees. Alongside this, you will be actively involved in the delivery of our inclusion and talent programme of work. The Team
The Aviva Investors People team has c25 HR professionals including specialists in Talent Acquisition, Development, Reward and Business Partnering. In this role you will work directly with our Head of Learning and Talent and work collaboratively with colleagues across the business and people function.
The team work together to attract, retain, and develop the best talent who will enable Aviva Investors to achieve our strategic goals. We focus on encouraging an inclusive and diverse environment where highly motivated hardworking people are able to deliver the outcomes that our customers want and need. Responsibilities
Skills, knowledge and experience
- End-to-end ownership of all Learning and Talent activities for our early careers population. Plan, deliver, report on and continuously improve learning activities.
- Coordinate, communicate and deliver fortnightly knowledge sharing sessions to keep employees up-to-date with what's going on in the business.
- Work with the Inclusion Steering Committee to develop and implement meaningful action plans to reach agreed diversity targets and priorities. Monitor diversity data closely to understand progress against targets.
- Work with business areas to shape and deliver bespoke learning activities. Fully scope the request and the outcomes, support implementation of the activities (including facilitation of events if relevant), follow up with the business areas and any external provider to ensure all requirements are considered.
- Develop and manage relationships with key external suppliers and partners.
- Ensure all external spend follows the accurate process so that suppliers can be paid in a smooth and timely manner.
- Manage the Essential Learning programme for Aviva Investors. Collaborate with Aviva Investors Compliance and Aviva Group Learning team to ensure the Essential Learning product is maintained and relevant for Investors. Run the communications programme across the business, ensuring timely reporting of completion rates.
- Partner with the People Function Analytics and Insight team to obtain data, using this to provide regular reporting and insights to People Business Partners and Leadership teams. This includes monthly CPD reporting, monitoring of learning activities and tracking of professional qualifications.
What will you get for this role?
- Proven experience working in a similar Learning delivery role is essential.
- Knowledge of developing a diverse and inclusive organisational is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable presenting to large groups and senior leadership.
- Experience of developing and delivering training events, including presenting to large groups of people during these events.
- Management of external suppliers; communicating business needs, coordinating logistics, supervising performance providing feedback and tracking invoices.
- Strong administrative skills; keeping track of multiple events and sessions, coordination of Learning and Talent calendars and tracking of actives.
- Evidence of suggesting and implementing new and innovative ideas for Learning and Talent events and activities.
- Experience writing and crafting learning content for internal communications and intranet
Working at Aviva Investors
- Annual salary of up to £42, 000 depending on skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. We care deeply about this, which is why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area's needs vary. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you. We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please send an email to
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role